My own personal rant zone

I set up this place so I can mostly talk about Tabletop Gaming...but occasionally some other stuff too...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

In light of my last post...

Things that make doing what I do easier:

A person comes in the store today, and really takes his time looking around. I have gotten very good at spotting a first timer in the store, who is also clearly a hobby gamer. I made sure he felt welcome, and offered help a few times (without giving the hard sell tm). As he was making his purchase, I made sure to ask him if he found everything ok. Without hesitation, and a BIG grin he said, 'Oh yes! I have to say, this is easily the nicest game store I have ever been to in the 20 years I have been gaming.'

We talked some more, and he left smiling. That'll keep ya going for a while. :)

4 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Brian I said...

Bah! I can feel the Hard Sell (tm) from here. :P

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time you use Hard Sell (tm), you owe me money, punk

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Brian I said...

Gee, that's kinda the definition of Hard Sell (tm) there, bob, ain't it.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, where is my money!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home